Catholic Health Initiatives
COVID-19 UPDATE: BLS classes will be a combination of both Online & Skills Checks until further notice. More dates/times have been added, register below!
Employee Registration for Emergency Cardiovascular Care Training
BLS requires online registration!*
It’s easy! Just follow the directions below. Don’t forget your Promo Code!
To register for class, follow these steps:
- Have your CHI Promotion Code ready. Contact your manager for the code. Entering a Promotion Code does not guarantee payment by the facility. If payment is denied, it becomes your responsibility.
- Select the course you need.
- Select the date and time.
- Register. Please use the drop down menu to select your Facility and Unit. Enter your cost center if you cannot find the correct facility and unit.
- Get your student manual from your manager, unit based educator, or the VMFH library.
- For ACLS courses please complete the manditory ACLS pretest linked in your course confirmation email. A print out of the course completion certificate is required to enter class.
- For ACLS w/HeartCode BLS Skills please complete the online portion of your course. A print of the completion certificate is required to receive your BLS card.
When you’re registration is completed you will receive a confirmation email with course-specific instructions.
NEW & CONDITIONAL HIRES: If you are required to have a current BLS card as a condition of employment, you will need to pay for your BLS class yourself. Please use promo code NEW@CHI for special pricing.
CANCELLATION: Notification of a cancellation must be made at least 72 business hours prior to a class start date and time. Depending on the course, a fee will be charged for cancellations made in less that 72 business hours. Notification must be called in to 855-448-3277.
ACLS Renewal with HeartCode BLS Skills:
Heartcode BLS Skills are included in ACLS Renewal classes hosted at the Franciscan Education Support Center.
The Certificate of Completion will need to be presented at class to receive a BLS eCard. A one week grace period will be offered. Failure to complete and turn in the Certificate of Completion will result in the need to take a full BLS course.
Heartcode BLS Online Course Keys are provided to most CHI Franciscan Employees by Education Services via Pathways.
Non-employed Physicians, Physicians Assistants, similar job catagories, and employees at some facilities will not automatically be issued a Heartcode BLS Online Key. These students will have to purchase the key seperately during the online registration process or by calling Lifetek at 855-448-3277.
You will not need to register for a separate BLS class if you take a combined ACLS with BLS course.
If you need to purchase a replacement AHA card for BLS, ACLS, or PALS please click here:
Need help? Didn’t receive a confirmation email? Call us at 855 – GIVE CPR (855) 448-3277. We will gladly help!
*NOTE: BLS is now included with all “Renewal” ACLS classes so if you’re taking an ACLS Renewal class, you do not need to also register for a separate BLS class.