This product is non-returnable.
The Heartsaver First Aid Student eBook offers a digital alternative to the printed workbook and contains all the information students need to successfully complete the Heartsaver First Aid Course. Designed for a single user, the text is a valuable reference tool before, during, and after the course.
The Heartsaver First Aid Digital Reference Guide (#20-3118) is automatically included as a bonus reference tool with the purchase of the Heartsaver First Aid Student eBook.
- Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid.
- The course empowers students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community.
- With online, onsite, and classroom training*, this course offers flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs. (*Training options may vary by Training Center)
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completion, students will be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Demonstrate removing protective gloves
- Demonstrate finding the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for these life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child, or infant
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- Demonstrate how to use an epinephrine pen
- Demonstrate how to control bleeding and apply bandaging
- Recognize elements of common illnesses and injuries
- Describe the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and the risks of smoking and vaping
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Cannot be printed.