ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
On Site Training
The American Heart Association’s ACLS Course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS for Healthcare Providers skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced, instructor-led classroom course highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. The ACLS course also covers airway management and related pharmacology.
ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
ACLS Classroom Course
Skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented. Successful course completion includes demonstrating skills competency in all learning stations and passing the CPR and AED skills test, bag-mask ventilation skills test, a Megacode test and a written test. Upon successful completion, students receive an ACLS Provider card, valid for two years.
The course covers:
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
The American Heart Association’s course is the premier ACLS training for healthcare providers and in many instances is THE ACLS course required by numerous Seattle and Puget Sound employers. The evidence-based content and well-tested teaching methodology can dramatically improve the learning and retention of lifesaving skills.
ACLS Online and Skills
- AHA ACLS-On Demand Training Bundle Online Course and In-Person Skills Check
- AHA ACLS – On Demand Training Bundle – ACLS 100% Online Course with Live-Stream Megacode
- AHA HeartCode® ACLS Online Course and In-Person Skills Check
- AHA HeartCode® ACLS Online Course Only
- AHA ACLS – Online In-Person Skills Check Only