Instructor Training Courses
American Heart Association
Interested in becoming an American Heart Association instructor with LifeTek? The AHA Instructor Course teaches the methods needed to effectively instruct others in AHA courses. The American Heart Association requires that Instructor candidates meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Have current AHA provider status in the discipline for that Instructor Course and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline. Disciplines include ACLS, BLS, PALS, PEARS and Heartsaver.
- Successfully complete the discipline-specific online Essentials Course.
- Turn in your pre-course paperwork outlined in your conformation email prior to the classroom portion of the course.
- Attend the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course.
- Be monitored teaching your first course within six months of completing the classroom Instructor Course.