Instructor Training Courses
American Heart Association
Interested in becoming an instructor with LifeTek Carlson? We work closely with the American Heart Association, the Red Cross, and EMTA to bring you the best training options for your students.
American Heart Association: The AHA Instructor Course teaches the methods needed to effectively instruct others in AHA courses. The American Heart Association requires that Instructor candidates meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Have current AHA provider status in the discipline for that Instructor Course and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline. Disciplines include ACLS, BLS, PALS, PEARS and Heartsaver.
- Successfully complete the discipline-specific online Essentials Course.
- Turn in your pre-course paperwork outlined in your conformation email prior to the classroom portion of the course.
- Attend the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course.
- Be monitored teaching your first course within six months of completing the classroom Instructor Course.
American Red Cross: For current instructors looking to bridge to ARC Click Here for more information.
EMTA (Emergency Medical Training Associates): Started in 1987, EMTA’s mission is to provide comprehensive, common-sense safety training to business, industry and the general public. EMTA offers a full range of workplace safety training that meets many OSHA and L&I requirements and can be customized to meet your organization’s needs. Contact us for more information on teaching these courses.